Law Office of Irwin M. Avelino

Family Based Green Cards

Father_Mother_Child_Sister_Brother_Sibling_visa_greencard_Immigration_Attorney_Lawyer_Avelino_Los_AngelesRequirements and Procedures for helping your Relatives Obtain Permanent Residency

In general, a foreign national who wishes to immigrate to the United States must have an I-130, Petition for Alien Relative approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before applying for an immigrant visa.

This I-130, Petition for Alien Relative is filed either by a relative who is a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident at a USCIS office in the United States. However, U.S. citizens residing abroad may file an I-130, Petition for Alien Relative at the local U.S. Embassy in certain circumstances.

An individual with an approved I-130, Petition for Alien Relative and a priority date that is current for processing is eligible to apply for an immigrant visa.

Click on the Example Below that Pertains to You.

Disclaimer. The preceding is intended only to give you a general idea of the topic.  It is NOT intended to be legal advice. Everyone’s goals and situations are unique. Please consult an attorney to determine which method is best for your specific goals.

Malcare WordPress Security